The Heritage Wool Collective Dyer Sampler is a bi-monthly subscription that allows indie dyers to try out select breed-specific wool yarns without needing to meet high mill minimums. The domestically-raised, non-Superwash yarns will be provided by small farms and mills across the U.S. and around the globe.
Do you want to explore dyeing on non-Superwash wool? Do already dye on non-Superwash bases and want to try new ones? Then the Heritage Wool Collective Dyer Sampler Subscription is for you!
In each shipment, members will receive:
• Two, five or 10 skeins of a specially-selected non-Superwash wool or wool blend yarn, undyed and unlabeled
• A pamphlet with information on the yarn base
• Access to virtual Heritage Wool Collective Conferences, where you can talk to yarn producers about all things wool
• Access to a Slack community with regular color challenges.
The first installment will be shipped at the end of February 2024. Thereafter, installments will be sent in the second half of April, June, August, October and December of the following year.
If you'd love some already-dyed yarn, check out our Hand-dyed Yarn Subscription!
Sheep photos by Gale Zucker for Hudson Valley Textile Project.
From sheep to skein to you, the dyer.
We partner with farms and mills to bring you breed-specific yarn from sustainably-raised sheep. Each Heritage Wool Collective Box is a collaboration between several small businesses.
The Heritage Wool Collective ships between the 20th and 27th of the following months: February, April, June, August, October and December. You will receive an email about one week after each shipment.
Heritage Wool Collective subscribers are billed every other month from when you sign up, and subscriptions renew automatically.
The club will consist of a variety of weights. We are aiming to send heavier weights during the cooler months and lighter skeins when it's warmer. Each skein will be a full 3.5- to 4-ounce skein and yardage will vary.
Yes! Before each sign-up/cancellation deadline you can also change the number of skeins you receive.
If you'd like to increase or decrease the number of skeins you'd like to receive before the next box, you will do the following:
• Go to the Items section and click edit.
• Click on the button the reads Add item
• Search for the Heritage Wool Collective Dyer Sampler Subscription (if you'd like to add dyed yarn to your subscription, you can do that by selecting the Heritage Wool Collective Yarn Subscription!)
• Click Add for the quantity of skeins you'd like to change to
• If you wish, remove the number of skeins you are changing from
• Click Save