The Heritage Wool Collective is a bi-monthly subscription that combines breed-specific wool yarns with the magic of hand-dyed color. Indie Untangled is working with small farms and mills across the U.S. and around the globe to produce domestically-raised, non-Superwash yarns that will be transformed by a new indie dyer every other month.
Do you love hand-dyed yarn and want to explore the world of non-Superwash wool? Do already love working with rustic bases and want to add artisan-created colorways to your projects? Then the Heritage Wool Collective is for you!
In each shipment, members will receive:
- One, two or four skeins of a specially-selected non-Superwash wool or wool blend yarn, dyed by an indie dyer in a surprise color
- A pamphlet with information on the yarn base and indie dyer
- Pattern suggestions for your yardage
- 10% off additional skeins when available, with access before they're listed for sale to non-members
- Access to virtual Heritage Wool Collective Conferences, bringing together yarn producers and indie dyers to talk about all things wool
- Free shipping with the purchase of four skeins
The first installment will be shipped at the end of February 2024. Thereafter, installments will be sent in the second half of April, June, August, October and December of the following year.
Our confirmed 2024 dyers include:
Check back for new additions! Mood boards will be added to the website before each sign-up deadline.
🐑 The first 50 subscribers will receive a special Founding Flock gift free with their first shipment!
If you're an indie dyer, check out our undyed Dyer Sampler subscription.
Sheep photos by Gale Zucker for Hudson Valley Textile Project.
From sheep to skein.
We partner with farms and mills to bring you breed-specific yarn from sustainably-raised sheep. Each Heritage Wool Collective Box is a collaboration between several small businesses.
The Heritage Wool Collective ships between the 20th and 27th of the following months: February, April, June, August, October and December. You will receive an email about one week after each shipment.
Heritage Wool Collective subscribers are billed every other month from when you sign up, and subscriptions renew automatically.
The club will consist of a variety of weights. We are aiming to send heavier weights during the cooler months and lighter skeins when it's warmer. Each skein will be a full 3.5- to 4-ounce skein and yardage will vary.
You will receive a list of carefully selected pattern suggestions for each installment. The patterns can be purchased directly from the designers via their website, if they have one, or on Ravelry.
We will aim to have some extra skeins for purchase after each ships out. Heritage Wool Collective members will have first access to this yarn at a 10% discount! You'll receive your discount code in the email you receive about one week after the shipment goes out.
Yes! Before each sign-up/cancellation deadline you can also change the number of skeins you receive.
If you'd like to increase or decrease the number of skeins you'd like to receive before the next box, you will do the following:
• Go to the Items section and click edit.
• Click on the button the reads Add item
• Search for the Heritage Wool Collective Yarn Subscription
• Click Add for the quantity of skeins you'd like to change to
• If you wish, remove the number of skeins you are changing from
• Click Save
Please note that if you cancel or pause your subscription you will not be eligible for the discount for additional skeins.